A six-week introduction to writing fiction with author Marion Grace Woolley.
Venue: Casa Keza next to SOS Children's Village, KG 573, Kacyiru.
Day/Time: To Be Confirmed
Price: FRW 50,000
Booking Details: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS/WhatsApp your name with e-mail address or number to: 0781 446 867. We will use this to send you booking information.
I will be running an introductory course at Casa Keza, a new learning centre opening near Kacyiru MINAGRI. This will be a six-week crash course in writing compelling fiction. We'll be covering:
- The history of creative writing
- Scene setting and descriptive
- Character development and perspective
- Writing natural dialogue
- Plot construction and dramatic conflict
- Timelines and chronology
- Short story building
If you are interested in learning more, connect via Facebook or Twitter. We also have a chat group on Facebook to connect people talking about writing in Rwanda.
If you have a space that would be suitable for running courses, I'm always happy to discuss this. I can offer courses in the following:
- Introduction to fiction writing
- Introduction to scriptwriting: screen (using Celtx)
- Introduction to scriptwriting: stage
- Introduction to memoir writing
- Spoken word storytelling
For those who have completed the introduction to fiction writing, I can also offer:
- Intermediate fiction writing
- Advanced fiction writing (including submissions process)
If you are running a team building event, I offer shorter half-day and full-day group storytelling workshops. These can be a great way to explore how we communicate, how we build relationships, and how we present information.